Monday, January 19, 2009

BlogCatalog Review

BlogCatalog is satisfaction guaranteed for blogging experience. It might take you 48 hours to wait after your application is accepted but once you have your foot in the doorway, you will expect nothing less than 80,000 other blogs to connect with.

I have made friends, business contacts and learn so much from other people's life experiences on this social site. If you have studied the theory of society of cohesion, a term coined by Maria Montessori, you will understand perfectly the idea of how members of social community cohere to form a binding contract of friendship based on mutual freedom and respect for one another.

What you stand to gain from joining BlogCatalog is what bloggers want to achieve anyway. Readers, readers to comment on your blog, bloggers to discuss and share their experience, and lots more.

The key to BlogCatalog's success is in their discussion board, shoutboxes and the fact that bloggers are free to choose who they want to connect with. Bloggers are people and human beings have to interact and actually become socially skilled and confident. That is the foundation of society.

Granted, I have lots of bloggers who add me as their friends and noticed they do not visit my website even once; I have the liberty then to ignore such requests without feeling the pinch of losing contacts.

If there are any loose ends, it gets discussed. Members are free to form their group or join other groups.

Join now and get approved. You are not a blogger until you are in BlogCatalog.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great review!
You can also get your blog reviewed on Blog Catalog too if someone feels too.

Hi Annie haven't been by for a while, looks like you've been very busy! :)

~K

Anonymous said...

Hey K, yep. I am busy. Well was on vacation in australia last summer in December till January 2009.

How do handle Alaska?! It is so cold there!

Annie

Anonymous said...

I a sure the BlogCatalog team will enjoy reading this review, as it is concise and straight to the point. I agree to what everything that has been said. BC has generated so much traffic to my website that I can only be grateful to all the members and my friends. BC has Groups, Mini-Forums, Broadcast, Blog Ratings and more. Good review. Since I'm at it, if you are not yet a member of traffic and ranks, I invite you to be one:
Traffic and Ranks

Anonymous said...

*Erhhmmmmm*
I visited you now ya.... :p
Sorry, sometimes a bit busy with work and don't have time to visit other people blog.
See you around and nice review.

Anonymous said...

loved that line- "you're not a blogger until you're on blog catalog"

BlogPouch said...

@ditesco....joined the group. Hope to get connected.

@lunaticg....I can just be scattered brain....maybe more.

@Arjun U...thought that would hit some new notes on that not all bloggers ramble and rant on the web. This is where the experience begins.

Cheers to all.

Anonymous said...

yesss..its very true. me myself got addicted to blogging once i registered for blogcatalogs.

L. Venkata Subramaniam said...

very interesting review. My experience has been all of yours. But I also feel that the blogcatalog community is more into discussions that are often very frivolous. These discussions also do not lead to any specific increase in terms of blogging.

BlogPouch said...

I do agree on the frivolous discussions. I have connected with some bloggers who overtime.

It is phase which bloggers will go through to find their identity and perhaps discover if blogging is really for them.

M Taher said...

Review: Excellent.
Analysis: Excellent.
Conclusion: terrific booster, for all those who wish to be indexed in the catalog of blogs.

Keep up the good spirits--they say what comes round goes round, and I add good begets good.
Thanks for the comment at hyderabadiz.
Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie :)

Great review !
I recently joined BC, and am still finding my way around there :)
I'm feeling a little bit lost atm, but I'm sure I will gain will more out of it as I get more settled :)

I have had quite a few people add me already as their 'friends', but I don't think most of them have even been to my blog yet. I would love it if they could at least one comment on one of my many posts ;-)

I realise not everyone is going to be into everyon'e blog posts, so I am not sure why they add you in the first place LOL. I guess it's all about 'networking':)

Looking forward to learning more, and meetng new people over there ! :)

BlogPouch said...

Hi there Jules,

I am glad you came up to leave your comment. Well some readers do not anything to add to your post, and therefore they do not leave a comment. To get people to comment on your blog is quite easy actually. Imagine inviting your friends over a cup of tea. You have them seated in the lounge room and ask them how they are? And you start to chat with them. You begin a conversation with them and that's how we start to exchange information about things happening around our lives.

So when you have a blog, and you join a social site like blogcatalog, you get to know where they live (their homepage or blog url) and where they like to hang out (their communities). The process of getting to know takes place and you begin to understand a bit more of the person who writes the blog.

Some readers are really very good with comments and you will find they are also very loyal friends and blogger.

Take your time to explore the opportunities open to you on BlogCatalog.